<VV> Drive Your Corvair day

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Sat, 2 Oct 2004 23:46:08 EDT

In a message dated 10/2/2004 8:23:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,
contactsmu@sbcglobal.net writes:

I  will think of all of you, every time I'm behind the wheel.

Stephen  Upham
Dallas, Texas

Congrats, Stephen! You may also have been celebrating the annual
"Drive-your-Corvair-day". October 2, 1959 was the introduction day for the  new Corvair.
(Has is really been 45 years?)Many clubs have organized tours or  cruises in
that honor. My local club, Silicon Valley Corsa, had a TouRally, a  combined
sign-hunt and winding-road tour today. The tour wound through the  foothills
above Saratoga and Los Altos, Ca. - definite Corvair roads. I  re-designed the
rally based on a TouRally the club ran through the same area in  about 1991. 13
folks took part, and drove nothing but Corvairs!  Hope  you had as much fun as
we did! I even drove my own Corvair!  Top down on  the 64 Monza! - Seth
Emerson