<VV> Drive Your Corvair Day

AeroNed@aol.com AeroNed@aol.com
Sun, 3 Oct 2004 22:34:28 EDT

We also had a great Corvair weekend here in Kansas.

Saturday night was a drive in. But it wasn't your everyday drive-in. It was
close to all but those with pre-75 cars. We met at the downtown baseball
stadium  and had a police escort for the 5 miles to the theater. Initially it was
uncomfortable to see the police cars flying by with their lights flashing. We
had 4 Corvairs, 2 EM 'verts and 2 LM coupes. The movie was "The Blues
Brothers."

Today we drove about 150 miles to visit our club member in Larned. Lee
Olsen, owner of YS-044, has been inviting us to the car show in western Kansas  for
years. This year we finally fit it into out schedules. We made the trip with
two other Corvairs, both EM 'verts. Lee had his Stinger and a LM 'vert to
welcome us. I ended up coming home with the long distance award. That's much
better than the hard luck.

Both days were perfect weather both days.