<VV> 64 monza questions

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 07:33:50 -0400

Manifolds and packings should be pretty complete. Going in and coming back
out, there's not usually any other (particular) thing. You may note some
omitted or substituted fasteners. Oh, yeah - one thing: get new "French
locks" for the manifold nuts, and new manifold nuts might be a little nicer,
too. I would include these in a manifold "package," if Clark's didn't.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of John Headley
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2004 8:19 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> 64 monza questions

I have an exhaust leak.  I think it makes the engine
run a little rougher when it gets fully warm, as it is
pretty smooth up until you've been driving it a while.
 Does this sound reasonable?  Both sides have
manifolds with broken ears, and I think it would
probably be best to replace the manifolds and the
packing at all the joints.  I see Clark's has
reconditioned manifolds that come with the packing and
new studs installed.  Do I need to order anything else
before I attack this job, or will this do?  Any hidden
tricks?

Thanks!

-John Headley
64 monza convert