<VV> eum speaker update

kaczmarek@charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 13:15:41 +0000

Good morning everyone

I am reporting back to the group on my request for speaker information for an LM.

The number of responses weren't as many as I had hoped for but the consensus is::

Get some empty speaker boxes (walmart has decent ones) and fix them up on the outside to look the way you want them, then get the best 3 way 6x9's you can afford, put them in the rear seat well.

As for the fronts, the consensus is "Catch as Catch can", getting some 3" tweeters and mounting under the dash as best you can fabricate.

As for you EM folks, I was told Unca Lonald now sells nice brackets for the kick panel vents to mount speakers.

One caveat was recieved: Someone bought the clarks dual speaker system for the LM and said it weren't near up to snuff. I know our vendors carry excellent repro parts, but I also figure that just like banks are in the banking business , not the printing business (so their checks cost more), so if you are an audiophile, best to go to the loud ass stereo place and do your speaker shopping there. No shot at any vendor intended.

HANK