<VV> when it was built?

jryall@juno.com jryall@juno.com
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 14:04:05 -0400

There were 207,114 Corvairs of all models produced in 1964.  As far as I
know, there is no record of quantities produced by day, week or month.
Therefore, dividing 207,114 by 52 weeks, indicates about 3983 cars built
per week.  Yours was probably built around the middle of the seventh week
of production.  I can't find any reference in my library as to what date
the model year changed.  The introduction date of the '60 model was Oct
2, 1959, so production must have started before that.  Anyway, your car
is early enough to have been built in '63, probably around November.  (My
best guess)

If anybody can explain a more exact method of determining when a car was
built, I would like to hear it.
What was the start of manufacture in each year?
John Ryall