<VV> Forged pistons??

Jim Bannister jimster1@earthlink.net
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 15:36:28 -0700

I'd like some advice from the "Knowledge Base".  I have a '66 Corsa Turbo
convertible.  I recently acquired a rebuilt turbo with the early turbine
section, hoping to get better response from the turbo.  I know that stock
pistons and elevated boost levels can bring about disaster.  I'm about to pull
the top cover to replace the blower bearing, and I thought that while the top
of the engine was open, I might be able to tell what kind of pistons live in
there.  I have no idea as to the history of this engine but the P.O.` said
that his P.O. had "rebuilt" the engine.  What can I determine by looking at
the bottoms of my pistons?  Are there and specific clues as to what might be
in there?

Thanks in Advance
Jim B.  '66 Turbovert