<VV> Brake question

Jim Houston tampatexan@earthlink.net
Tue, 05 Oct 2004 19:04:20 -0400

I'm trying to fix a '67 convertible that has been sitting for two
years.  When it was parked, the brakes were fine.  Sometime during the
two years something has happened and the pedal goes all the way to the
floor without any resistance.  The rear part of the master cylinder was
out of fluid, which indicates to me that there is a leak (brilliant,
right?).  My question is:  which system does the rear reservoir supply?
The front or the rear?  Or are they diagonally split?  (I don't have a
'67 supplement to refer to)...  Also, the pedal doesn't return all the
way up (the brake lights stay on).. is there a possibility that the
master cylinder has failed internally??

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions . . . .

Jim Houston
Brandon, FL