<VV> NOS Clutch Cable Installed: Problem STILL Not Solved

Williams, Rickie williamr@lindsey.edu
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 07:22:20 -0500

The element of this man's problem that I have not noticed anyone address is
why does his clutch work ok upon initial startup and then quit working after
three minutes or so?

At that point, he must kill the engine, shift into first, then restart.

How long must everything cool down before it works ok upon startup again?

Can a pilot bushing swell with heat buildup?  Even if it can, why would that
affect the clutch sliding on the input shaft splines?

I am curious about all of the above.

Rickie Williams
Columbia, KY