<VV> Intro, and dismantling questions

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:21:21 -0400

Congratulations on stepping up into the ranks of the exclusive 4door elite!

1) This is a task that I have destroyed seat cushions over, and in one
car after I DID get it out, I was so angry at it that I took a sledge
and beat the living crap out of the welded-on-the-floor bracket catches.
It honestly takes the proverbial 800# gorilla to remove the rear seat
cushion. The bottom part of the frame is supposed to be compressed (more
like crushed) rearward, lifted up, then decompressed forward. Normally
an impossible movement, except for the aforementioned gorilla.
Rots-o-ruck with it! As for mine, I have my gorilla/mechanic remove it,
and then NEVER put it back that way. I ALWAYS leave the bottom cushion
merely set in place.

2) You might be able to get the door open after you remove the door
panel and access the inside. No doubt age and setting has frozen
something up. To pull the door panel, you probably will need to remove
the rear seat bottom and back.

On a white interior, the contrasting color probably should be black,
especially on an originally Evening Orchid car.

-Mark C