<VV> Intro, and dismantling questions

Jeff Schramm Jeff Schramm <jeff.schramm@gmail.com>
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:55:10 -0500

Greetings All,

I'm new to the list and fairly new to Corvairs. I recently purchased a
'65 Monza 4-door, 110HP, 4 spd. It has 54K original miles and spent
most of the past 30 years in a barn. It's safely perched on jackstands
in my shop, sharing space with my son's '65 Chevelle 300 Deluxe that
we'll finish rebuilding Real Soon Now.

It's amazingly rust-free; however, it's been a mouse condominium for a
good part of that 30 years so there's plenty of cleaning to do and
chewed parts/wires to replace. The heat duct is out and soaking in a
20% Clorox solution. We take hantavirus seriously in these parts.

I went to pull out the rear carpet and discovered:

1) I don't know how to remove the rear seat. Help please? (I'm
ordering the Assembly Manual today).

2) the rear passenger door won't open anymore. The lock mechanism
seems to work but it's very stiff, so I suspect the catch isn't
releasing all the way. Can I spring the door open from the inside
after I remove the door panel?

I'm sure many more questions will follow. Thanks in advance for your patience.

Jeff

P.S. - anyone happen to know the correct carpet color for a white
interior on an Evening Orchid car? A color change is in the distant
future.