<VV> Re: Renault - and others

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:34:00 EDT

In a message dated 10/11/2004 3:00:20 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Corvair@fnader.com writes:

It was  called the "Le Car" here. Wasn't sold here as long as there though...
only  late 70's thru early 80's.

I won't go into all the issues I had with  mine (my first and likely last
French auto), but the seats were indeed  comfy!

Bill Elliott

Renault played by the "rules". If you want to sell a car in France, the
seats must be comfortable. If you want to sell in Germany, it must be fast - or
at least built well enough to run as fast as it can go - all day long! German
cars haven't always sold very well in France, hard seats - maybe a few other
reasons dating back 60 years as well. Most American cars from the 60s -  Bench
seats - Can't sell in France - Most would not run at top speed for long -
without overheating something. Can't sell in Germany. -  Seth