<VV> Those magic 6 little QUESTIONS...

Hank Kaczmarek kaczmarek@charter.net
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:22:46 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: <UltraMonzaWest@aol.com>
To: <virtualvairs@corvair.org>

> In a message dated 10/11/2004 1:45:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> kaczmarek@charter.net writes:

**
> **********
> 1   Was the Truck owner really that stupid???
This guy worked for Sunbelt Rentals. He was being considered to move up from
salesman to branch manager, from about 40K to about 95K

Well, he got drunk at a Panthers game, sitting 3 seats away from the North
American President of Sunbelt Rentals, and got in a fight and was removed
from the stadium by the police.  You tell me.

> 2   When has the Lack of "back pressure" ever hurt performance of a 4
stroke
> engine; after all is is just an air compressor!  [  maybe you are thinking
of
> "scavanging"...where a slightly smaller tube will HELP  draw exhaust thru
when
> coupled with other cylinders further down the passage / thus increasing
HP]]

I'm Not an engineer, nor a mechanic. Never have claimed to be either. More
than one technician has told me that the engines they work on today don't
run right if the exhaust is altered, or if components of the original system
are removed. Does this include Resonators and Cat's,  I don't know

> 3  Where is the "valley cover" on a Dodge gas v8?? [ maybe you are
thinking
> of the "Plenum baseplate" ].

Shove your semantics where the sun don't shine Matt.
You call it an inside door handle.
GM calls it a control assembly,door and lock

You call it a headlamp assembly (for Composite Bulbs)
GM Calls it a Capsule. Doesn't look like the kind you take drugs in, nor one
that goes into space.

You call it an alternator.
GM still calls it a GENERATOR.  Doesn't look like a Generator, I don't think
GM has used a generator since 1965.
BUT THAT IS WHAT THEY CALL IT.

> 4   When has an engine with oil in it.....when newer [ no varnish ]  NOT
> looked BLUE??

I don't know, What I do know is I once applied 400 cylinder heads to a 305
or 350 engine in 8 hours, 5 days a week (just one side) and got to look in
the cases before the intakes were put on, and they were all steel grey. This
engine, pushrods, rocker arms, everything was gunmetal blue, I supposed from
excessive heat.

> 5    Why are CORPORATE WARRANTEES different between coasts?     My Son's
'98,
>  and everyone elses has the Flow Master CB  sys.  and they all had the
> "Factory Fix" of the bad Plenum base gasket...allowed OIL  to be sucked in
the
> Plenum..causing pinging early on....and plug fowling later on...which
makes
> "stupid"  people think  the engine is "hurt real bad"...and they need a
valve
> job......gggggg..

It didn't need a valve job. The dealership looked underneath the thing and
said they wouldn't touch it. How do I know this? I just asked the Service
Manager at Sunbelt why they were taking the engine apart on a truck with 24K
on it. He told me they wouldn't work on it.

> 6 a    Do you really believe these things you tell us???

BITE ME

> 6b     What have you been smokin' lately???

Wouldn't you like to know!!!

  You didn't put "Jet Fuel" in
> the EUM  like you did your last car????

I got your jet fuel, pal. You know right where too.