<VV> Those magic 6 little QUESTIONS...

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:42:31 EDT

In a message dated 10/11/2004 1:45:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kaczmarek@charter.net writes:

> Customer buys truck new, and goes IMMEDIATELY to a Flo-mo-better cat-back
> system. after 23K miles on a new truck, the engine started to act up.  After
> the valve covers and valley pan are removed, it appears everything in the
> engine has become a pretty, but nasty blue color. Diagnosis from the Dodge
> dealer, having never looked at the truck, said
> INSUFFICENT BACK PRESSURE IN EXHAUST SYSTEM.  Customer then pays for a
> complete top end job, because he voided his warranty the minute he cut the OEM
> muffler system off the truck.
**********
1   Was the Truck owner really that stupid???

2   When has the Lack of "back pressure" ever hurt performance of a 4 stroke
engine; after all is is just an air compressor!  [  maybe you are thinking of
"scavanging"...where a slightly smaller tube will HELP  draw exhaust thru when
coupled with other cylinders further down the passage / thus increasing HP]]

3  Where is the "valley cover" on a Dodge gas v8?? [ maybe you are thinking
of the "Plenum baseplate" ].

4   When has an engine with oil in it.....when newer [ no varnish ]  NOT
looked BLUE??

5    Why are CORPORATE WARRANTEES different between coasts?     My Son's '98,
 and everyone elses has the Flow Master CB  sys.  and they all had the
"Factory Fix" of the bad Plenum base gasket...allowed OIL  to be sucked in the
Plenum..causing pinging early on....and plug fowling later on...which makes
"stupid"  people think  the engine is "hurt real bad"...and they need a valve
job......gggggg..

6 a    Do you really believe these things you tell us???

6b     What have you been smokin' lately???   You didn't put "Jet Fuel" in
the EUM  like you did your last car????

WCUH     LOL!!