<VV> FOR SALE - "The Corvair Decade"

Hank Kaczmarek kaczmarek@charter.net
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:05:33 -0400

Bruce et.al;

The last copy of the Corvair Decade that CORSA had was sold to me last year.
I sent it to Tony Fiore and he was kind enough to dedicate and autograph it
for me.

Hopefully a director can give more information, I believe strongly that I
was told that the reprint of the Decade is on the Board's agenda.

I am certainly no expert in digital printing. I am lucky I understand what
it is. If the book is reprinted digitally I believe that the cost would be
around a third of what the last reprint cost, from asking people who
actually know what they are talking about.

For those of you that weren't around then, the last printing of the Decade
was one of the items that nearly bankrupted the club. This was in no way any
one persons fault, there were many factors and I am not privy to them all.
Reading back copies of the Communique from the early 90's would enlighten
those interested.

No shot at any director, but history and personal experience has taught me
that the Board usually moves VERY slowly to spend money. Perhaps this is
prudent. It can also be very frustrating. All that remember our financial
troubles of the late 80's and early 90's surely don't want to see a repeat
of those times, so the only way IMO they move faster is to be lobbied.

Let your Directors know you want the book printed in enough numbers, garner
a list of pre-print run orders, and perhaps they will move a bit quicker.
Recent history showed us how fast a book can go into the Black----The Basics
Manual did just that in no time flat. To the credit of many on this list.

At any rate, I am certain that the book will be re-printed at some point in
the future. If not, I have two!!

Regards Hank
Co-founder-Corvair Basics Manual