<VV> Tires for Greenbrier

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 08:08:16 -0400

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 23:07:25 -0400, Dale Dewald wrote:

>It is interesting to note that most modern minivans are OEM'ed with
>ordinary P-metric non-speed rated passenger car tires.  LT tires are
>reinforced to withstand higher inflation pressures in order to carry higher
>loads--but I don't think they have much advantage with regard to
>stability.  I would suggest looking for a high speed (H, V, W) rated tire
>which is specifically designed for enhanced stability at highway (and
>above) speeds.  Often these are reinforced and rated for higher inflation
>pressures in the interest of stability enhancement rather than load
>carrying capacity.

I agree with Dale that the higher speed rating tires would fit the bill nicely for you, but it's almost impossible to get even an H rating in this size range for a
14" tire. 205/70-14 is about it... and then that's only an H rating.  The V-rated P4000 is awesome (I run them on my tatra) but they start at 15".

If you move up to a 15" rim, your choices are MUCH larger.

Bill Elliott
Urbana, MD