<VV> Re: ADVERTISING

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson@atlas.co.uk
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:08:14 +0100

I wrote:

> P.S. And what kind of person is this who can alternatively be known as
> Richard or Nancy? An intriguing new gender variation, perhaps?

I just read the original again, and it says:

> We are interested in selling off my husband's 30 year accumulation of
> Corvair parts...
> Richard/Nancy Winchester

So it sounds as if Richard/Nancy is/are a new kind of monogamous
husband-sharing female, as they are plural but have only one husband between
them - although I do think it seems certain that whatever kind of being they
is or are, their surname, rather than their abode, is Winchester.

Although in America I find that you can never take these things for
granted...

Cheers

Alan