<VV> AR 15 Motor Oil

Joel McGregor joelsplace@earthling.net
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 17:41:07 -0500

I would challenge someone to have their used oil checked.  I would bet that
any conventional oil is pretty well shot by the 3000 mile mark.  An air
cooled engine is obviously harder on it's oil than water pumpers are and a
turbo even more so.  I change my Mobil1 at around 3000 miles but I don't
worry too much if I go over.  It is nice and black by then and much thinner
than when fresh.  I change my transmission oil at the same time - manual and
automatic.  My Corvair boxes shift noticeably better when I change the lube.
That tells me that they need it.

Joel in Keller, TX (DFW area)
'66 Corsa w/air
'63 Greenbrier 4spd