<VV> AR 15 Motor Oil

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 22:31:10 -0400

How do you get the gear lube out of your 66 Corsa? About what percentage of
the lube do you suppose you get out in this fashion?

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Joel McGregor
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2004 6:41 PM
To: 'corvair'
Subject: RE: <VV> AR 15 Motor Oil

I would challenge someone to have their used oil checked.  I would bet that
any conventional oil is pretty well shot by the 3000 mile mark.  An air
cooled engine is obviously harder on it's oil than water pumpers are and a
turbo even more so.  I change my Mobil1 at around 3000 miles but I don't
worry too much if I go over.  It is nice and black by then and much thinner
than when fresh.  I change my transmission oil at the same time - manual and
automatic.  My Corvair boxes shift noticeably better when I change the lube.
That tells me that they need it.

Joel in Keller, TX (DFW area)
'66 Corsa w/air