<VV> AR 15 Motor Oil

Joel McGregor joelsplace@earthling.net
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:50:57 -0500

I use the drain plugs.  It seems like most of the lube drains out.  I change
it hot and pull both plugs.  I always drill and tap the case if it doesn't
have one.  I haven't changed the lube in my Corsa yet.  It has an Isky 320
cam in it according to the PO so I'm going to have to buy some 3.89s or
4.11s or change the cam before I can drive it.  I had to drill and tap the
diff and trans on my '63 Greenbrier since it didn't have any drain plugs.
It wasn't any trouble since I had to replace the input shaft seal.  You are
supposed to rebuild the diff and trans when you replace that seal aren't
you?  I had to toss the 3-speed for a 4-speed anyway.

Joel in Keller, TX (DFW area)
'66 Corsa w/air
'63 Greenbrier 4spd
'63 Greenbrier 8dr 4spd "Bob"