<VV> That whistling, buzzing radio..........

the.tysons@comcast.net the.tysons@comcast.net
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:09:42 +0000

As my never-ending journey continues to complete the interior of my '65 Monza before the snow starts, I have encountered another minor annoyance.  I installed a CD player, a small power amplifier, and new rear speakers to replace a 25-year old sound system that was well worn.  During several recent test drives I noticed a distinct buzzing and whistling sound coming from the speakers.  The whistle is clearly dependent on engine rpm.  I understand that there are a couple of condensors in the engine compartment to suppress radio noise and actually replaced the one on the coil just recently.  All connections, including grounds, were connected as per instructions.  Does anyone have suggestions on where I should look to eliminate these painful noises?

Thanks,
Rick T.