<VV> Correct paint schemes for 1963

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:46:47 -0700

At 07:46 hours 10/16/2004 -0400, whubbell@cox.net wrote:
>The underside of both covers (trunk and engine compartment) is painted
body color.  On 1963 USA cars the engine compartment is painted the same
semi-gloss black as the engine shrouds and the trunk compartment is painted
grey with white speckles.  On Canadian cars, both compartments are painted
body color (I think)

Are you sure the '63 engine bays were black?    The black-only engine bay
color began in '64, not '63.    I've had several '63 Vairs and their engine
bays were always body color.    So were all the rest of the ones I've seen
which hadn't been repainted something different... or, they were already
black outside to begin with.      ;)

tony..