<VV> Another Fall Affair Thanks - bit long

BEllison@bbafiberweb.com BEllison@bbafiberweb.com
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 00:27:39 -0400

I have been out of town, in Tennessee, working for two straight weeks.  Last
weekend, put in a gasket/repair kit on the Quadra-jet of the 454 in the RV.
Couldn't crank it/test due to dead battery.  Bought a new battery on the way
home Friday morning.  Arrived home to Greenville SC around 12:45pm.  Decided
to go to Fall Affair, around 3:00pm.  Asked for directions on this list.
Didn't really get any, in time, (thanks for what I got, btw) but was wise
enough to check the Corsa website, which listed the phone of Tracy Serviss.
Called her, and got excellent directions.  Left around 6:15, got gas in my
100 gallon tank (yeah, OUCH!) left gas station around 7:00.

Boring info, right?  Not when you hear this.  Got a surpising, and rather
rare, call on my cell phone.  It's TRACY!  She said my parents had arrived,
and were worried.  Asked where we were, just south of Charlotte, and passed
the info to my parents.  Wanted to know how we were doing, etc.  I asked her
when the autox was for Saturday.  Arrived about midnight - directions of
course PERFECT, and parked near my parents, in the grassy parking lot behind
the Hilton.  Got in bed, ready for the 8:30am drivers mtg.  Excellent RV
accommodations for the 8 RVs.

I think that goes above and beyond the call of duty.  Thanks Tracy, and
Corsa NC.

Since we didn't register til Sat. morning, 8:00am, there weren't really
enough places at the banquet for me, wife, and one young child, but Tracy
told me that if we wanted to go, to let her know.  Gas prices being as they
are, new battery in the RV, new coach battery also needed, we opted out.
Later, we find out that if we had asked, Tracy would have given up her
spaces to allow us to come.  How sweet, and accommodating of her.

Autocross - When they say "low speed", they exaggerated.  LOL  1st gear,
still too much power, and never hit my brakes - took finese only.
Disconnected 2ndaries, got 10 runs, and used them all, got turned away for
try #11.  1st place in modified/competition - only guy with headers there -
lots of VERY NICE looking cars.  Even Al Rich took his car out for the first
time.  Richard Jenkins was up to his usual "Air Vair" burnouts.  Bill was
spinning Alice, and Smitty got the 64 wagon sideways several times.  Dad got
my trophy for me at the banquet.  They didn't give a FTD award at the
banquet, I'm told, but it looks like I had it.  I even beat Seth in my own
car :D  WooHooo!  But to be honest, not until he showed me the correct line
in one turn.  DOH!  I think his first run in my car, beat my previous 8, but
I took a full second off that on my very next run, around 20.68.  Trophy's
pretty cool, and I'm quite proud of it.  Bill posted pics of them.  Amazing
what a few degrees turn of the crank will do, when it's lined up correctly.

Hotel had wireless access, btw, which I connected to from laptop, within the
RV, 40 yards from the back door.  Sweeet.

It's a long story, (like this wasn't) so I'm saving the details for the
local newsletter, but I spent Sunday morning changing the deep cell battery,
recharging the Corsa (used the batt from the Corsa for heat Sat. night), and
changing the RV alternator.  Not as fun as looking at the excellent cars in
detail, but gotta fix your ride home.  They had EXCELLENT cars there, too.
Sry I missed out.  Packed the family up for lunch, including both parents,
and grabbed a few choice used parts on the way out.

Got home around 8:00pm.  500 miles or so round trip, 7mpg, approx
1.90/gallon = $136 for gas.
$80 for a marine battery.
$75 for engine battery
$75 for alternator
=$366 for the weekend + registration + meals.

Would I do it again?  Of Course!!!

Thanks Corsa NC, and Tracy, for excellent hospitality.

Barry Ellison
Corsa SC VP
RV is Ready for St. Augustine, just gotta work on more Corsa tires/rims.

Please note: This message may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.