<VV> NECC lime rock event

Brian bmoneill@juno.com
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:59:38 GMT

Thanks Mike for the kind words about the NECC's car display last Saturday. It was fun!  We are seriously looking for help for next year's show.  If anyone is interested, please contact me.  We have a very complete policy guide including judging forms and instructions so anyone who volunteers will not have to make up things.

-- "kovacsmj" <kovacsmj@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
 For those in the New England area that didn't attend the car display
that NECC sponsored Saturday, you missed something different. I drove
the '69 convertible up there with the top down. It was about 50 degrees
at 7 AM.  Bret Aston volunteered to accompany me as his bother's car
didn't have a heater!  Brice, ya gotta put that duct work back on. The
foliage colors are spectacular this season.

 There were not as many cars as we would have liked to see but the mix
covered most of the product line. Due to the fact that the Lime Rock
Park front office had personnel problems and delayed in giving NECC a
track date, there was no time to plan for the type of car show we like
to see. There was a people's choice and a great deal of interaction
among the participants - sort of like old home week. The best part was
that there was no fee charged and the lunch was on NECC.

 Thanks to Justine and Bob Schidel for the impromptu show and lunch, way
to go Bob! The Wake Robin Inn is a neat old place and perhaps a new site
has been found for the car show. NECC would like to return the car show
to some of its past glory and needs someone to champion the car show for
next year. They need a committee chairman; volunteers to help are
usually plentiful.

 I've spent my time working the Lime Rock event as both event and
Concours chairman, and it has its rewards. If you are interested, take a
look in Google for NECC. I'm sure Bob Marlow can add a few more
loquacious words after he reads this note.

 Again, thanks NECC for making it an enjoyable afternoon.

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS