<VV> fitch wagon update

Jeff & Gayle Angelli gangelli@adelphia.net
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:14:12 -0400

hello all it has been a long time since i last wrote.well i got the fitch
wagon at my friends paint shop with the necessity of a NY state inspection and
re registration by a very tight time schedule.My simple plan was drive  it the
20 miles up back roads to my other friends shop for the inspection and then
back to the paint shop for final re assembly .well don`t you know about 3
miles up the road and step on the brakes and whoa nelly a pop is heard and
pedal to the floor .press really hard and stop sort of ,well the gas pedal was
sticking too!!! .lucky i had put on a new dual master cylinder all new hoses
new front lines and all shoes etc. i had changed everything except the darn
line that blew,going to the rear. I limped back to the paint shop and flat
bedded up to the mechanic.It sat a while ,a long while and i had tio make
temporary lexan rear side windows to pass inspection,rebuild the throttle
pedal linkage and get a new pedal since the old one stripped the splines,then
we had the rt turn signal not work ,all new parts mind you ,well the steering
wheel adapter came loose sometime and wonkied up the works inside the
column.So i had to take the steering wheel off fix the turn signal switch re
adjust it and get a new adapter for the wheel since the threads got stripped.I
got it all back together anbd it worked fine .The rear brake was replaced but
the fronts were not working right ,this was obvious when the line blew and i
had almost no front brakes either .Now we had just replaced everything but the
wheel cylinders the year before ,custom routed lines inside the trunk to avoid
damage ,dual master ,new hoses new kevlar shoes.Well we can`t get the rt front
drum off,seems to have seized.i have ordered all new hardware and a new wheel
cyl since we will destroy the hardware getting the drum off. so that is where
it sits.i did custom upholster some door panels though .i am also waiting for
the clarks repro wagon side quarter glass gaskets they will hopefully make
using my old gaskets as the pattern ,for now I have very light glued in lexan
panels.I did also strip and repaint all the bumper brackets to reassemble to
the newly rechromed bumpers and did bolt on some trim up front.No new pictures
yet .hope to get the car back into storage to final assemble and tackle the
judson installation and interior redo. regards jeff angelli  p.s. anyone who
really wants my custom greenbrier for their own fleet it is for sale
reluctantly ,wife and son in college now gotta thin the fleet .can be seen at
corsa ontario website ,bright yellow with purple hot rod flames.