<VV> Corvair Road Trip

SPYDER62@aol.com SPYDER62@aol.com
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:25:41 EDT

In a message dated 10/19/2004 12:29:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tom.a.cepak@lmco.com writes:
What tools and misc. items would I need to buy for a 1760 mile roadtrip
from Auburn, CA to Fort Worth, TX?  It is a '63 Monza Convt. PG that has
been completely restored and has less than 200 miles on the rebuilt
engine.

Just take a fan belt and tools needed to change it. Some take a fuel pump as
they are hard to find if you need one. I have done two 2000+ mile trips this
summer and only problem was a cracked distributor cap and found one at the
first FLAPS I stopped at after I found the problem. Only tools I take are screw
drivers,1/2" 9/16" combo off set box end wrench, plus a short half and 9/16 open
end.
First trip was when I bought the car from Mark art Southwest Corvairs sight
unseen and flew in, hopped in the car (not even a test drive) and drove home.
It still has the same fan belt on it with 4 autocrosses and the trip to Salt
Lake City. And this is in a 65 Turbo.
rich