<VV> Re: Caveman question

bjornyesterday bjornyesterday@yahoo.com
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:02:12 -0700 (PDT)

List Members,

Reading a copy of the 1960 Corvair Brochure, with a copyright date of
1959, I found the following info on the last page:

Optional Equipment:  "... De luxe body equipment group includes
right-hand sun visor, front armrests, and cigarette lighter; comfort
and convenience group includes back-up lights, outside rearview
mirror, windshield washer, and glove compartment light..."
Whitewalls, wheel trim rings, heater, radio, rear folding seat,
heavy-duty battery, and padded dash were listed separately.  I don't
think rear door armrests were available... looks like they would
interfere with the folding rear seat, but I guess you could open both
rear doors and then fold down the seat.  I don't think I have ever
seen a '60 sedan with rear armrests.

Hope this helps.

Andy Anderson,
Kerrville, Texas - part-time historian.

--- Tony Underwood <tonyu@roava.net> wrote:

> At 08:57 hours 10/18/2004 -0400, DTerry8123@aol.com wrote:
> >Hi Norm,
> >In 1960 the deluxe equipment included:Right hand sunvisor, front
> armrests
> >and cigarette lighter. I went back and checked the papers on the
> '60 we
> bought
> >new in Sept. 1960
>

> Humm...   got the front arm rests, cigar lighter, radio, heater,
> but no
> pass side visor.    No rear door arm rests.    Then again, nobody
> has sat
> in the back seat of that car since I put the back seat in it, about
> 7 years
> ago, following some upholstery work... which now needs doing again
> seeing
> as how it was fabric and the sun has been killing it.   Time to go
> back to
> stock config seats.
>

> tony..

=====
The road to a friend's house is never long.