<VV> Re:was Caveman question/ now lighters

kaczmarek@charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:42:45 +0000

All

> > airvair@richnet.net writes:
>
> > What's old is new again. My top-of-the-line '03 Cav doesn't have the
> > lighter, but rather just a plastic plug in the hole. No ash tray either.
> > Have seen N-body cars the same way, but with an (optional) cup assembly
> > with a lid that

No, Hell isn't freezing over. GM and Ford (that I have knowledge of) started eliminating Ash Trays and Lighters about 5 model years ago.

My 00 Ranger (an XLT, which is the TOP TRIM LEVEL)offered on that truck, has a 12 Volt Power Port in the radio trim bezel. NO LIGHTER, NO ASHTRAY.

WCUH SEZ

> Is that Cavalier??   How can "bottom of the bucket",  have a "top"????  GGGG

No, It's a CRAPALIER. However, the 2.2 Ecotech engine that Mark probably has in his, is pretty peppy. And for the price, I would rather have a Crapalier than something from another country. Overall, they aren't that bad of a car. Take proper care of it, and it will last as long as any import.  MO, of course.

As for the N Platform (Malibu,Grand AM and Alero), the "Smokers Kit" that fits in the console is OPTIONAL, but only costs about 5 bucks. I think the co. that makes them for FORD makes them for the General as well, they pretty much look the same. We threw ours out when Wanda quit smoking about a year ago.