<VV> Re:was Caveman question/ now lighters

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:50:48 -0700

At 05:38 hours 10/20/2004 -0400, airvair wrote:
>The Cav I have is the LS Sport model, top-of-the-line for Cav's. Has all
>the bells and whistles that bigger cars have, including remote entry, CD
>player, wagonwheel (16") aluminum wheels, power everything, etc. Not a
>bad little car, but not your luxobarge either. Plus 140 horse out of a
>4banger.
>
>The REALLY "smart / well educated" buyers know enough NOT to smoke. Thus
>Corvair "lighters" are really power plugs, and "ash trays" become trash
>trays.

My '60 ash tray contains change for parking meters or that occasional Pepsi
when I'm short on change for the machine.  It also has a couple of fuses,
misc interior chrome plated screws, and a wad of gas card receipts.    The
ash tray for the Corsa ragtop is bigger... it holds an 1157 bulb along with
the other stuff similar to the '60 ash tray.    I assume the cigar lighters
work... I've never used them.  I have used the "power port" in all the
cars.  The lighters cover the hole in the port...

tony..