<VV> was Rampside Fuel.....Electric Pump

qcc65@charter.net qcc65@charter.net
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 4:16:05 +0000

Larry,
   I consider you one of the Corvair Sages on this list, and your advice always right on, however I noticed this in your last post;
"Only after installing an electric fuel pump and having it pump gas out the air leak slit did it become obvious. "

For safety's sake, something I always do when changing over to an electric pump, is convert the rubber hose to a flared fitting hose over the wheel well. I do mount my pumps near the tank and this requires you (in my mind for safety sake) to remove any clamp type rubber hoses downstream of the pump. I also either reroute engine compartment lines and plug the mechanical pump hole or go to one of those dummy internal fuel pumps where there is no chance of pumping the crank case full of gasoline.
Food for thought.
Ron Guy
no grease under fingernails for a long time now