<VV> Curious Question

goofyroo@excite.com goofyroo@excite.com
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:43:01 -0400 (EDT)

For my wife's car I bought a model 2300 from www.commandocaralarms.com, which is a remote-start, keyless-entry device that allows you to leave the engine running with the doors locked, keys in hand, while you step out.

This is huge when you are going to be away just long enough for the solar-oven effect to take over.

For those in the Snow AND the Sun belts, the device also allows remote-start so you can condition the car before you get in.

Takes a whole afternoon to wire it up.  If you buy one, I recommend getting the wiring diagrams and all the customer service as soon as the device arrives, as the one flaw the company has IMO is they cut you off from their support after a short time.

Michael Smith
Dallas

NB: In Texas you can't legally leave your car running with a child onboard for more than five minutes.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com