<VV> Correct paint schemes for 1963

cwiland@zzz.com cwiland@zzz.com
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 07:32:23 -0700

  The body color to black engine compartment info is as
follows, borrowed from the Feb. 1988 CORSA Communique
"Stock Is...":

"Body Color: '63 Willow Run until early May; '63 Oakland
all.

Black: '63 Willow Run after 2nd week of May."

  The author, Larry Claypool, sends out a plea for readers
owning a car with a build code of 05A (first week of May)
to let him know so a more precise changeover date could be
established.

  I thought for sure I read this somewhere in Dave
Newell's book "The (in)Compleat Corvair Story" but looking
through the book I've still not found it.

  It looks like the majority of '63's did have body color
back there, as evidenced by the replies to the topic. IMHO
it would be wise to follow this info, since Larry would
likely be your Concours classifier.

Craig
Owner of good things air cooled