<VV> Re: 69 Monza # 5996

MrGarySegal@cs.com MrGarySegal@cs.com
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 07:50:18 EDT

Hi all, it was interesting to learn the history of this car.  To be clear, I
have no interest in purchasing the car, especially at that price. I was just
surprised to stumble upon it in Elkton.

For the benefit of detail, I will complete the story as I know it.  From what
the dealer told me, a collector traded two Corvairs into this dealership on
the purchase of a new truck.  The second was a convertible (I believe red in
color, unknown year) that was subsequently purchased by an individual from
Texas.

As foe the 69, it did have the wire wheel covers, but the only original style
tire was the spare; the rest were radials.  The engine was clean and the air
pump was hooked up.  If I did not mention it in the original message, the
engine was a 140 HP.

There was some flaking of either undercoat or rust on the center of the front
crossmember, but it looked minor in nature.  The interior was clean and
looked original.  I did not drive the car.

Gary