<VV> EUM driveability

Hank Kaczmarek kaczmarek@charter.net
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 09:32:50 -0400

Good Morning. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Messed around with the car some yesterday. Consensus last weekend was that the
engine problem was electrical in nature. But there ARE Carb issues as well.
Things that make one go hmmmmm.

When the throttle is activated and the car isn't running, you can see a shot
of fuel. SOMETIMES. Engine idles smoothly, upon acceleration gets very uneven
running and acts very strange. Turn engine off for a few minutes, turn back
on, and idles and accelerates properly, get in, drive for a few miles, starts
up again.

I will be getting some new Bluestreak ignition parts tomorrow. My guess is
perhaps the condensor is breaking down. It is an AC Delco condensor and points
set, but lots of that stuff is now not USA made. I understand someone working
for 65 cents an hour just might not give that much of a crap about his job.
Also will be looking into these carbs.

When removing the frozen shock to replace, I noticed the other shock is
leaking oil. GREAT.
Going back with GAS shocks for the rear.

Once parts are replaced, I will report back to the group the findings.

Eric has Seth's instructions on making the brackets for the 95 Camaro seats to
fit in the front. Local trim shop to re-do the back seat. Haven't decided on
interior color  yet. Exterior color is wavering between 04 Chevy Truck Arrival
Blue, or 04 Chevy Truck Hunter Green.  Probably a saddle tan interior if I go
with the green, but suggestions for the blue (sort of an electric blue if you
remember the 60's) would also be appreciated.

Starting to prep the interior. There was no headliner in the car, the rods are
still there. The roof surface has what looks like remnants of  that tarpaper
like insulation, and some light surface rust.  I want to properly prep the
inside before the headliner is installed. Also want to do some sound
insulation in there. One of my goals is for the interior to be as quiet as
possible.

Any ideas on how to remove this stuff?? I am guessing perhaps some sandpaper
on a DA sander might strip the rust and the paper at the same time??  Primer
or etch the roof panel??  Ideas on or off list appreciated.

Ron, could we post this as an update on the webpage?  I will send you a couple
more pictures too, let me know when you might have time.

Regards
HANK