<VV> CHT data (long - possibly boring)

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 11:14:17 EDT

In a message dated 10/24/2004 8:06:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
r.gault@sbcglobal.net writes:

> By the way, that's why, according to your gauge, your engine doesn't seem
> run any hotter in the afternoon than it does in the morning, even though
> it's hotter in the afternoon.  What you're really measuring is the
> temperature rise of the engine over ambient air, which is pretty much
> constant for a given load condition.  (Yes, there is a density difference,
> so it might cool slightly more efficiently when the air is cold - give me a
> break. <grin>).
>
> I looked for a better explanation, but I couldn't find the article I was
> looking for - web based information glut.  The following one might help.
> http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/chpt_9/5.html
>
> Roger Gault

*
This is why I, and others, CRY   REFERENCE!!!

I work in a field.....where something like 15,000 rpm equals  12,456
hz.......some are transfixed on that exact number.....others..with "realworld"
experience realize that anything close is fine.........especially when you
consider.....the mechanical  "safety margin" is 150%  of rated speed.....

The "bottom line"  is that the "event"  triggers RESPONSE!!   imo

Matt