Turbo Coking - wasRe: <VV> Curious Question - idling

Robyn Wood robynwoo@ysa.attmil.ne.jp
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:09:26 +0900

Most of the performance cars over here in Japan that run turbo systems have
a delayed shutoff ignition.  The driver parks, turns off the key,
leaves/locks the car and the engine stays running for up to 5-10 mins until
the turbo temp drops.  I have seen a few aftermarket modules over here, but
I believe that it is a stock option on the Skylines and Sylvias.  Seems like
a unit like that would help remove the operator error part of shutting the
engine down prematurely.  May have systems like this in the states, but I
have never looked for one. (only recently purchased our '63 Spyder)...

Robyn Wood

Subject: Turbo Coking - wasRe: <VV> Curious Question - idling

<<SNIP>>