<VV> Corvair 140 hi RPM No Go

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 07:39:52 -0400

Have you replaced fuel filters (4)? The sintered-bronze filters are HARD to
inspect - may look clean and be dirty. It sounds a bit like fuel starvation.
     Is ANYBODY else running a Corvair as high as 8600 feet? I believe (what
would I know at 0 elevation?) higher altitudes call for smaller jets than
you are using, but you've previously been using these with satisfaction at
your altitude?

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of
gcallegari@insepet.com
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2004 9:18 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Corvair 140 hi RPM No Go

Dear Sirs..

Again I'm wrinig from Colombia South America, In the last time I got
a problem with my 140HP at high RPM, ther is problem like the engine
does not want to go..if cough, I goes at idle good, low and medium
RPM good, I Tried several things like, points,Dwell, Advance right
now at 18 degrees, Float level etc,  I have 52 main jet in primaries
and 51 in secondaries, Im located at 8600 feet above sea level..Can
you suggest me something?

Regards

Gino Callegari M
gcallegari@insepet.com
Ct65/140/4 speed;4 door 66/110/4 Sp; Soon 2 door 66 Turbo 4 Sp