<VV> Wire Wheel Covers

Bill and Pat Kronen billpat@telusplanet.net
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:30:29 -0600

Gentlemen:
This is the first submission from a new Corvair owner, a '63 Monza
Spyder vert. Being the new kid on the block (really an old kid if I can
believe my wife) I've enjoyed reading the many postings about our
favorite car and have learned a great deal from them. Invaluable!  The
Internet has also provided a great deal of information that is new and
exciting but makes me wonder what I've gotten into. However, do have a
question about wire wheel covers.  Three  (only) came on the car. My
understanding is that they were an option for that year but don't know
where to find another. I was surprised by their weight and wonder how
that effects wheel balancing?  It also has chromed wheels which does not
seem like even an optional item.  Aftermarket?  Were there any other
wheel covers for that year Spyder and where can you get a picture of
those....or obtain a set.  Car was imported into Alberta, Canada from
Seattle and we're hoping to get it inspected and licensed before winter
sets in......actually which has already begun with snow on the ground.
Any help would be appreciated in this first of many questions.  Many thanks.
Bill Kronen