<VV> Wire Wheel Covers

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:36:04 -0400

Welcome. The best overall reference to what is and is not Corvair (and a
fascinating coffee-table book in the bargain) is The Corvair Decade by Tony
Fiore. There has been a HUGE flap on VV about it in recent weeks, but I
didn't read ANY of it (I've got mine), so you may know more than I do.
Anyway, this book will answer all your questions, if you can get a
copy.There is no substitute for this book.
     Chromed wheels were not an option in any year. The wire wheel covers
ARE heavy. Your posting may attract offers. If not, our vendors
(www.corvair.org) and/or eBay.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

PS  The winters are cold in Alberta, say Ian and Sylvia. LOVE that song
(Four Strong Winds). I have it on vinyl. Daniel Monasterio's (member of this
list) daughter attends university in Alberta, too. Brrrrrr!

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Bill and Pat Kronen
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 6:30 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Wire Wheel Covers

Gentlemen:
This is the first submission from a new Corvair owner, a '63 Monza
Spyder vert. Being the new kid on the block (really an old kid if I can
believe my wife) I've enjoyed reading the many postings about our
favorite car and have learned a great deal from them. Invaluable!  The
Internet has also provided a great deal of information that is new and
exciting but makes me wonder what I've gotten into. However, do have a
question about wire wheel covers.  Three  (only) came on the car. My
understanding is that they were an option for that year but don't know
where to find another. I was surprised by their weight and wonder how
that effects wheel balancing?  It also has chromed wheels which does not
seem like even an optional item.  Aftermarket?  Were there any other
wheel covers for that year Spyder and where can you get a picture of
those....or obtain a set.  Car was imported into Alberta, Canada from
Seattle and we're hoping to get it inspected and licensed before winter
sets in......actually which has already begun with snow on the ground.
Any help would be appreciated in this first of many questions.  Many thanks.
Bill Kronen