<VV> Re: Cover, garages, etc

Gary Swiatowy mopar@jbcs2.net
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 05:43:42 -0400

Years ago I read an article in Car Collector Magazine about a guy who could
not get permission to build a garage from the community. He could though get
a permit for a rec room. He built a rec room with large sliding glass doors,
tile floor, bar, even a chandeleir, and room for 3 cars. The neighbors
complained, but it did meet the requirements of  what the permit was for.

A friend of mine could not get permission to build a pole barn for storage
in his neighborhood. He simply cleared the land, and parked his old trucks,
cars, and tractors in the area. The neighbors complained, but as they were
licensed(except for the tractors) there was nothing wrong or illegal. But,
if granted a permit to build his garage, he promised to park them all
inside. He got the permit!

Gary Swiatowy

> From: "Russ Moorhouse" <corvair65@verizon.net>
> To: "VV" <virtualvairs@corvair.org>, <Corvair@fnader.com>
> Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:46:40 -0400
> Subject: <VV> Cover, garages, etc..
>
> Bill - I'm thinking of going with trailers, but my situation is a little
> different.  The community I live in has covenants, which don't allow stand
> alone garages.  My property is wedged shaped, so I can't add to either
side
> of my house due to closeness to the property lines.  They even restrict
the
> size of the shed you can have so it can't end up being used as a garage.
My