<VV> A question about interior rust-proofing...

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:46:11 -0400

Seam sealer first, then paint.
     I've never heard of a brand of seam sealer that didn't work. I don't
think you'll have to be very picky about it. As long as it's labelled
automotive seam sealer.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of bjornyesterday
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 10:48 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> A question about interior rust-proofing...

List Members,

I am getting close to the time for painting the floor boards of my
'61 Coupe, and I am planning to use Rustoleum.  My question is about
seam sealer... I would like to hear comments about brands that
work... and those to avoid.  ALSO... should I paint first and then
put the seam sealer on... OR, should I use the seam sealer and then
paint?  Looks like the factory used sealer first and then partially
sprayed the body color paint on.  I plan to brush the paint on.

As always, thanks for any/all help.

Andy Anderson,