<VV> Re: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #1235 - 11 msgs

Tareece@aol.com Tareece@aol.com
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 15:26:20 EDT

Of all the books mentioned, I seldom see or hear one referenced that I
personally believe is a treasure (albeit not paper back nor hardbound---it came as a
unique spiral bound)...I believe (forgive me, its my fathers and he's 120
miles away), The Compleat Corvair...There were two editions....Anyone else have
it?

In a message dated 10/26/2004 2:43:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
virtualvairs-request@corvair.org writes:
Message: 8
From: Wrsssatty@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:59:58 EDT
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> OOP Corvair books

Tony Fiore's "The Corvair Decade" is, indeed, an excellent book and he
definitely deserves kudos for his work on it.

And, yes, the high quality hard-cover binding, etc. contribute to the book's
excellence, desirability and collectibility.

That said, however, I believe that if it might be more
feasible/cost-effective for CORSA to re-print it as a paperback, all
concerned should consider doing
so in order to make the book available to those new to the hobby who might
otherwise never have the chance to own a copy of their own.  If, for whatever
reason, that is an impossibility, I would urge the powers that be to look
into
the possibility of securing permission to reprint, perhaps as a paperback,
Mike
Knepper's "The Corvair Affair."  Mike Knepper is an experienced writer from
the automotive enthusiast press and "The Corvair Affair" provides an
excellent
history of the Corvair complete with many vinatge photographs from GM
archives.  I believe that his book, too, should be in any Corvair
enthusiast's library.

Bill Stanley

Todd Reece
65 Monza Convert