<VV> The Complete Corvair Nut

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson@atlas.co.uk
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 21:46:52 +0100

> The first printing date for the first Volume I is August 1978 (138 pages)
> and the first date for Volume II is November 1980 (206 pages).  They both
> are great books to read, loaded with information, magazine articles and
> stories.

Before this brings forth an exasperated (and justified!) snort from Tony
Fiore, could I say that I also think the Complete Corvair Nut books are
good...

...BUT...

...there is a big proviso. They are not good in the same way that Corvair
Decade is (i.e. an original and ground-breaking work). They are good from
the point of view of being interesting compilations of largely short
articles from a variety of interesting sources. Most of them weren't
*written* by the author at all, but were *collected* by him.

On the relatively few occasions that he does write anything completely new,
it's not that impressive - quite brief, not 'intellectual' at all, and
rather shallow (though quite entertaining) in nature.

I have them both, and I enjoy them both - my bookshelf has room for every
Vair book I can find (or afford).

But the Corvair Decade is definitely in pole position!

Cheers

Alan

P.S. I don't think the Complete Corvair Nut sells that well either - Clark's
have had it on a major bargain discount offer since I have been in CORSA,
and that's getting on for 10 years now! Unless they bought about 100000
copies of it ages ago, and are still trying to shift them...