<VV> $10,000 Corsa

Ken Maxwell kobramax@insightbb.com
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 21:37:16 -0400

Hi Gang!

I am the former owner of the "$10,000 Corsa" who reluctantly sold the car to
make room for a really neat all-original 65 Fitch Sprint with factory air.
When I bought the Corsa three years ago, the only options it had were factory
air, posi, rear antenna, tinted windshield and wire caps. I have added all of
the other options over the last 3 years, most of which came from a 66 Corsa
convertible that was in rough shape. I got the factory quick steer box and
arms, tele-wood wheel, AM/FM, remote mirror, underhood and undertrunk lights
from the convertible. I got the headrests, hazard flasher, floor mats and
parking brake signal off e-bay. I bought the multiplexer from Mark Corbin, who
also showed me where to mount the front speakers. The pictures don't show
this, but I have now mounted the front speaker grills, but I couldn't bring
myself to cut those huge holes in the doors for the speakers themselves! I'll
leave that to the new owner in California. Some of you may have seen the car
at either the Carlisle or Lexington nationals or at the Indianapolis meet the
last few years. As is my time-honored custom, I managed to lose money on the
car even at what I consider a rather high price! I'm not sure, but I don't
think that any of the added options would be listed on the Fisher Body tag.
Some, such as the AM/FM or headrests, would show up on either the
protecto-plate and/or the build sheet. Perhaps Mark Corbin, Don Davis or Larry
Claypool could enlighten us as to what options do or do not show on the Fisher
Body Plate. Thanks for everyone's interest!

Ken Maxwell
Louisville, KY
Former Owner - 66 Corsa Coupe with A/C
Future Owner - 65 Fitch Sprint with A/C