<VV> Corvair mentioned in Classic Car article

Ken Wildman k-wildman@onu.edu
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 08:57:53 -0400

At 04:59 PM 10/28/2004, Russ Moorhouse wrote:
>  And the Corvair has all the earmarks of being a valuable car, but it has
> barely kept outpaced inflation.  He then state that it's the Corvair
> owners who have conspired to keep Corvair values low.  Every single one
> of them knows what any year Corvair is worth and every one will pay you
> approximately 10% less that that to take it off your hands.  He then call
> it a "cult classic". He does mention that it is high on his list of cars
> to buy.

If Corvair owners keep Corvair values low how does this hurt anyone?

Of course value is determined by how much anyone is willing to pay and what
owners are willing to accept.  Or to put it in words more easily
understood, the "value" is the market value.

I may "value" my convertible at $60,000 but if no one will pay more than
about 10% of that amount what is it's true value?

Sheesh!

Ken