<VV> Mag. cooling fan

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:27:33 EDT

In a message dated 10/29/2004 5:59:16 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
jryall@juno.com writes:

I've  sandblasted many of them with no problem.

John Ryall
On Fri, 29 Oct  2004 05:27:33 -0700 jimshu <jimshu@route66web.com> writes:
>   Sorry for all the questions but what do you use to clean a mag.
>  cooling
> fan? Will sand blasting heart it? Thankyou  Jim

or beadblasting, as someone mentioned. Remember, though, that Magnesium
would much rather return to it's origin as a trace element in salt water than be
a fan on your engine!  I.E. - It will corrode quickly. You should plan on
coating the "blasted" thing as soon as possible. A good primer/top coat is easy
for us "chemically challenged". I'm sure there are other annodizing or other
rinses available, powder coating is also an alternative. -Seth  Emerson