<VV> First-timer Brake Question

Michael DiFrisco mdifrisco@charter.net
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:19:06 -0500

Hi VVers,

I have a 1960 700 Sedan. It runs, but has been sitting without much use for
10 years. First project is to restore the brake cylinders. I have the
rebuild kits and I9m ready to go, only the service manual doesn9t describe
how to...

1. remove the brake shoes from the backing plate
2. remove the flexible brake line from the back of the cylinder
3. do I have to bleed the system of fluid first? (I would assume, but again,
the manual seems to be for mechanics, not for newbies like me.)
4. Do I have to remove the cylinders from the backing plate to hone and
rebuilt them?

Thanks for the assistance.

Mike D.