<VV> Head musings

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 00:15:34 EDT

In a message dated 10/29/2004 2:32:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
cash.case@sbcglobal.net writes:

I was  introduced to a set of heads for a Porsche a few weeks ago. These
were  930's I believe 911's are similar.
I know I'll get flamed for this but  thats ok.
These were overhead cam engines weren't they?
Wouldn't be it  possible to  modify a block and move the head studs into
position to  bolt these up and then create/modify an existing crank cam
belt drive gear  from the Porsche to mount on the end of the crank
shaft.

Ignore the  cooling shroud questions for the moment-

This seem dangerously easy to  me. Has anyone tried this yet?

Say, there Cash - Why don't you try it and let us know? <grin>  Probably
easier and certainly cheaper to put in the Porsche motor complete. Now,  now, Vair
guys - before you call sacrilege, you will still have an air  cooled rear
engined flat six. Closer to a Vair than a Crown mid-V8! Probably not  as fast,
though - Unless you corralled the rest of that 930! -  Seth