<VV> Transmission to cross support

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 00:22:26 EDT

What Barry said is true, generally you start with the transmission end in the
bracket loosely, then do the lower control arms while the engine is at an
angle, then bring up the rear.  The trans has to be in the pocket of the bracket.
 It's very hard to get there if the rear is already up in place.  Also, be
aware that you will need a very thick washer (1/4" or better) on the larger
diameter bolt to fill the gap between the bracket and the trans.
Craig Nicol 65,66,67 (all with the '65 / early style transmissions.)

<snip>
Hi all...I am soooo close to getting my Vair back on all
fours.  '65 Corsa vert 140/4.  Several tasks still ahead, but
one big question.  This is my first engine reinstall...and I
am having a very hard time getting the three transmission to
cross member bolts back in. <unsnip>