<VV> Cleaning vinyl interior

Jim Bannister jimster1@earthlink.net
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 00:56:39 -0700

Comet scouring powder did the trick for me on the Fawn interior in my
convertible.  As for the scorch, the vinyl itself might be burned. The comet
might help here to grind down to fresh plastic.  Rinse well as it leaves a
gritty residue.
Jim B.
'66 turbovert

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org [mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of Frog Princezz
Sent: October 29, 2004 11:40 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: re:<VV> Cleaning vinyl interior

Try vinegar...it will take out musty smells and smoke odor.  I pour it in a
bowl and leave it on the floor of the car, change it every few days.  It's a
whitener for clothes... use it in the rinse cycle so I would think that it
will clean vinyl. Aha vinegar natures deodorizing whitener.  Pour vinegar on
a towel and twirl it in the air to absorb smoke odor in a room.  Don't want
smokers breath?... You guessed it drink a little vinegar and brush your
teeth with it.  Chick pox driving you crazy?  A little apple cider vinegar
on the skin will do the trick and eat raw garlic... you'll smell like a
weird Asian salad but it will sooth the itch (garlic good for intestines).
Don't ask me how I know.
Oh sorry was getting a little vinegar happy.
Alesia

Hi everyone,
We have tried different products to try to get out some yellowing and
cigarette scorch off original white vinyl interior. Does anyone have
any
suggestions for us.

Thanks in advance
Sam & Marissa Andolino