<VV> Weight in Trunk

Vairtec Corporation vairtec@optonline.net
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 13:46:08 -0400

I've been perfectly happy over the years by moving the spare from the
engine compartment to the trunk.  The spare wheel and tire together weigh
just about one percent of the car's overall weight, so that's a nice little
shift from the rear to the front.  Adding weight to the trunk, only, just
adds weight; moving the spare adds some weigh to the front while
subtracting it from the rear.

When I need the room in the trunk, for luggage when travelling, I simply
put the spare back in its original location.

--Bob

Robert W. Marlow
Vairtec@optonline.net
---